For Blackboard's Privacy Overview and related contact information, please go to http://www.blackboard.com/Footer/Privacy-Center.aspx
Blackboard UK Limited ("Blackboard", "ConnectTxt", "We" or "Us", as appropriate) and Your personal data
This is ConnectTxt's Privacy Statement. It sets out how we deal with Your personal data. In this statement "You" or "Your" (as appropriate) means any person who registers on ConnectTxt's website (the "Site") or any user of any services offered by ConnectTxt (the "Services").
- "Personal Data" is any data that identifies You or Your ConnectTxt registration, whether alone or in combination with any other information held, or which Is likely to be held, by ConnectTxt. The Personal Data which You supply to us You agree will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and You agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that information within the Change Details area in the ConnectTxt alerting web pages on the Site. We will deal with Your Personal Data in compliance with the current UK data protection legislation. Please note this policy applies only to ConnectTxt and associated ConnectTxt owned websites.
- By providing Personal Data to ConnectTxt, You consent to ConnectTxt collecting, processing and using the same for the purposes of ConnectTxt providing the Services to You and the other purposes mentioned in this statement unless You notify us that You do not want Your Personal Data to be used in this way. Personal Data may also be processed and used by such other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of providing the Services to You. We may collect Personal Data about Your usage of the Services in order to provide a service to meet Your needs. All Personal Data held by Us will be processed lawfully and fairly.
- We may hold Personal Data relating to the transactions You enter into with us or others relating to the Services. You agree that ConnectTxt may disclose Personal Data to a party to such a transaction but only to assist the transaction. We may use Personal Data to let You know about products and services that may be of particular interest to You.
- Some websites store information in a small text file called a "cookie" on Your hard disk. Cookies contain information about You and Your preferences. For example, it might contain a record of which pages within a website You visited, to help the site customise the view for You the next time You visit.
- Only the information that You provide, or the choices You make, while visiting a website can be stored in a cookie. For example, the website cannot determine Your e-mail address unless You choose to type it. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other website access to the rest of Your computer and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
- ConnectTxt will only use the cookies created on the Site to personalise and secure Your experience. What this means is that when You use the Site ConnectTxt will be able to keep certain settings for You for when You return. It also means that You do not need to pass security details on every screen as we store them for You during the time You spend browsing the Site.